- Saturday was a gong show.
- Nearly missed my connecting flight because my first flight was delayed. I ran through the airport and JUST made it
- I hardly got lost on my way to the hotel… but had to wait outside half an hour because Heidi and Shuyi had to save Jen from the hairdresser
- RAN to the parliament building because we were late for our tour
- Starbucks. Christmas. There isn’t a better combination
- Pho. something else i’ve been missing, that hardly exists in Estonia. It was delicious, but the server really underestimated the size of our stomachs.
- Waiting at the thermal baths until exactly 7 so we could get discount tickets.
- It’s impossible to walk against the current
- RAN to the pub crawl because we were going to be late.
- Drank more than ever before
- Explored a bunch of Ruin Bars which were really cool… some had questionable entertainment though…
- Finally made it to the club at the end…met a boy… he keeps messaging me even though i live so far north.
- So far the busiest 24 sleepless hours of my whole exchange
- Walked alllll the way to the top of the castle district from our hotel because we couldn’t figure out transit.
- It was the most dreary day ever.
- New things: Mulled wine and Hungarian noodles.
- One of my favourite cities in Europe
- By the time I got through security (which took forever), I only had 3 hours to spend in the city
- I managed to find Spitalfields Market, without even realizing it
- Confusion with the Tube
- Stumbled upon the London Eye, followed the river towards Big Ben and eventually ended up at Buckingham Palace. I managed to see quite a big considering how little time I had.
Back home after a crazy sleepless weekend in Budapest and a day sightseeing in London
Lately things have been pretty boring. I was trying to decide what class was my favourite… but really none of them interest me that much. There’s another 23 or so days though until classes are over, and exactly 1 month until I go home, but I can’t decide if that’s good or bad. The classes have basically become a way to make time seem faster between the odd occasion I get to travel somewhere, and be with people i’m comfortable around. The past 3 months here have gone by way too fast considering I haven’t really done much. Europe seems so exciting because there are tons of places to visit and they’re all so different from one another, and you can travel for reasonably affordably compared to Canada, but by the time i’ve decided I want to go somewhere there’s no time left. I’m headed to Budapest for the weekend and am spending Monday in London, and hopefully will be headed to Turkey and Greece mid December… if I can ever figure out what to do with my Basics of AV class… but it doesn’t feel like enough.
I always show up to class onetime… but half the time it’s never there. you would think people would be responsible and reply to emails within a 48 hour window… but i’ve been waiting almost a week. I’ve given up. I think i’m going to drop it.
It’s awkward because i’ve just begun to find my way here… i know where to go and what to do to fit in… but in no time it will all just be a memory.